Work/Life 2: the UPPERCASE directory of international illustration, is shaping up nicely. It is over 75% full! (Click here to see a partial list of our participants so far. These are the keeners who have filled in their community profile info already. I hope to have the complete lineup online as soon as possible.)
If you'd like us to consider your work for inclusion, please fill in the submission form. Please note that this is a fee-based project of $500, but there are many great benefits:
• You will be personally interviewed about your work.
• The publication will be well-designed with high production values.
• The Work/Life iPhone app expands the reach of the project.
• You will receive a complimentary profile on UPPERCASE’s community website with links to your portfolio, blog, twitter and other social media and the ability to post news and images to directly to the UPPERCASE reader news feed. ($200 value)
• At least one participant will be commissioned (and paid) for the cover of UPPERCASE magazine.
• At least one participant will be commissioned (and paid) for spot illustrations in each issue of UPPERCASE magazine in 2011.
• One participant is guaranteed a personal portfolio evaluation with an artist representative.
• We do the work for you! We send the book to the potential client list. If there’s a specific target that you want us to include, just let us know.
• We will promote the book and our artists to the appropriate publications and websites through advertisements and editorial submissions.
• Compare our rates with the cost to do a typical mailer: Postcard printing (1000 full colour postcards, purchased mailing list, plus postage can be over $900.) (source: modernpostcard.com) Work/Life is a reference book that will be used repeatedly.
• Companion exhibition in UPPERCASE gallery with the opportunity to sell prints of your work.
*All participants will receive a free subscription to UPPERCASE magazine.