Calgary is going through an unprecedented flood and the entire UPPERCASE team: Erin, Jocelyn and I, have evacuated our homes. Access to downtown, where our studio is located in Art Central, is cut off. The images of the city under water are quite amazing.
I'm collecting shots of my neighbourhood, Sunnyside, over here. So far it looks like my part of the street is dry, but who know what is happening in the basement! The bright side? We had a flooded basement last November due to frozen pipes, so most of our things were already packed in plastic boxes and when we heard of the evacuation notice, we hauled anything of value upstairs. Glen was hobbling around in a full leg brace due to a previously dislocated knee, but that's another story!
Needless to say, our studio sale planned for Saturday is postponed. (Our online shop remains open for our "inventory clearout".)
Another good thing? I have a storage room in the basement of Art Central, but since we're about to move I've been shipping inventory to our fulfillment warehouses, so if we do take on water there, I've already shipped out a lot of our magazines and books. Trying to stay positive!