Hey, Toronto-area designers and students! There's an excellent conference this Saturday. I've heard Matteo Bolagna at a few events and he alone is worth the effort.
Emerging Designers Conference
Saturday, March 10, 2012, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Toronto Reference Library; for directions and to see a map, click here
excerpted from the RGD Ontario email alert:
Be inspired by Design Visionaries from New York:
• Matteo Bologna, Founder + Creative Director, Mucca Design, NY
At Brand New, his talk was described as "Closing the show with a bang, Matteo won over the crowd with his awesome facial hair, amazing work, poignant one-liners, designy jokes and delicious sense of humor"
• Hjalti Karlsson, Founder + Creative Director, KarlssonWilker Inc.
Hjalti spoke at one of the most prestigious design conferences in the world, Design Indaba, in 2008 and was invited to return in 2011.
Other speakers of note:
• It's All Been Done Before: Trends in Advertising – Dave Tupper, Associate Creative Director at Y&R Toronto
• Typography in the Key of Life: Regional + International Movements in Typography – Dominic Ayre of Hambly & Woolley
• How do you get noticed in a competitive industry – Andrew Fraser Stewart of public relations firm Edelman Toronto
ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSES MIDNIGHT, MARCH 7. (After this date, you may register at the door)